It is recommended that all four tires be of the same size, load index, speed rating, and construction (radial, non-radial). In some cases the vehicle manufacturer may require different sized tires for either the front or rear axles.
- Speed rated tire - If the vehicle tire placard and/or owner's manual specifies speed rated tires, the replacement tires must have the same or higher speed rating to maintain vehicle speed capability.
- Four-wheel drive (4WD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) vehicles - If no instructions for tire mixing appear in the vehicle owner's manual follow these guidelines:
- DO NOT mix tire sizes. All four tires must be marked with the same tire size, unless otherwise specified by the vehicle manufacturer. This also applies to winter/snow tires.
- DO NOT mix radial and non-radial tires. All four tires must be either radial or non-radial.
- DO NOT mix tread pattern types such as all-terrain and all-season.
If you have any questions, please contact your local tire dealer.